Library Board Bylaws
Library Board Bylaws:
According to the Alberta Libraries Act and the Business Incorporations Act, library boards must have bylaws for the safety and use of library facilities and the charging of fees. (Libraries Act, Section 36 (1)).
- Terms and conditions under which the public may be admitted to the building.
- Terms and conditions under which public library property may be used or borrowed.
- Terms and conditions under which borrowing privileges may be suspended or forfeited.
- Fees to be paid for issuance of borrower cards.
- Fees to be paid for use of those parts of the library building not used for the purpose of the public library.
- Fees to be paid for photocopying.
- Fees to be paid for receiving information in a printed, electronic, magnetic or other format.
- Fees to be paid for receiving, on request, a library service not normally provided by the public library.
- Penalties to be paid for abuse of borrowing privileges.
The Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FOIP) also requires all public libraries to have the following bylaw:
- FOIP bylaw.
Questions to ask when developing your library's bylaws.
||10 AM to 8 PM|
|Tuesday||10 AM to 8 PM|
|Wednesday||10 AM to 8 PM|
|Thursday||10 AM to 8 PM|
|Friday||10 AM to 6 PM|
|Saturday||10 AM to 6 PM|
General inquiries, renew items, etc: email@example.com
Director of Library Services: firstname.lastname@example.org
Manager of Administrative Services: email@example.com
Library Programmer: firstname.lastname@example.org