February includes many reporting requirements, grant and award application deadlines and Freedom to Read Week.
Annual Survey for current year and Annual Report for the preceding year are required by Alberta Municipal Affairs Public Library Services Branch. Completion of these two reports is required in order for a public library to qualify for the provincial operating.
Freedom to Read Week is an annual event that encourages Canadians to think about and reaffirm their commitment to intellectual freedom guaranteed to them under the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms.
Gantt Chart for February
- February 19 - Annual Survey and Annual Report of Public Libraries in Alberta - the form for the survey is available online. Login information will be forwarded to each library by Alberta Municipal affairs. Keep a printed copy for your files and send a copy to PRL.
- 2011 Survey and 2010 Annual report.
- February 1 - Young Canada Works applications due
- Late February - Canada Summer Jobs applications due
- February 28 - Summer Temporary Employment Program (STEP) applications due
- 2012 Minister’s Awards for Excellence and Innovation in Public Library Service - Due Friday, February 17, 2012.
Celebrations and Events:
||10 AM to 8 PM|
|Tuesday||10 AM to 8 PM|
|Wednesday||10 AM to 8 PM|
|Thursday||10 AM to 8 PM|
|Friday||10 AM to 6 PM|
|Saturday||10 AM to 6 PM|
General inquiries, renew items, etc: firstname.lastname@example.org
Director of Library Services: mailto:email@example.com
Manager of Administrative Services: firstname.lastname@example.org
Library Programmer: email@example.com