Brighten up the grey days of winter at Camrose Public Library!
Here are some of our programs and events in the New Year:
- Beginning on January 16, Alberta Parks presents a 5 week series of nature programs for 3-5 year olds called “Winter Bunnies”. Sessions will run on Wednesdays from January 16-February 13, and will alternate between the library and Miquelon Lake Provincial Park. Attendance at all sessions is not required. Please call Cecilia at 780.672.2202 to register.
- Family Literacy Day celebrations will be held at the library on Saturday, January 26 from 3:00-5:00 PM. Storyteller Mary Ann Lippiatt will kick off the afternoon with a family-oriented performance, followed by activities that promote literacy at home. This event is presented in coordination with Camrose Family Literacy and Camrose Boys and Girls Club and is made possible in part by a grant from the Alberta Foundation for the Arts.
- Wednesday, February 6, 6:00 PM— Family Movie Night: “The Odd Life of Timothy Green”, the story of a childless couple who bury a box in their backyard, containing all of their wishes for an infant. Soon, a child is born, though Timothy Green is not all that he appears.
- Friday, February 8, 6:30 PM — Be Your Own Valentine is an evening that will show women that, regardless of a romantic relationship, they deserve the finer things in life, be it a glass of wine, a hand massage, chocolate, roses, or a beautiful piece of jewellery. This event is for women 18 years of age and older. Please contact Nicole at 780.672.4214, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or click here to register by Friday, February 1.
- February 24-March 2 is Freedom to Read Week. Watch for special events and displays that celebrate everyone's right to intellectual freedom!
- Saturday, March 2 is Theodor Geisel's birthday! Seussologists and beginner Seussites are invited to come celebrate the Dr.'s 109th birthday with stories, crafts, a film, and Shlopp with a Cherry on Top! 2:00-3:30 PM
- March 7 is Girls' Day Thursday from 10:00 AM-4:00 PM. Teen girls are invited to join Nicole for a full day of crafts, console and board games, cooking, home-made spa treatments, and a movie.
- March 8 is Guy Day Friday from 10:00 AM-4:00 PM. Teen boys can enjoy a full day of duct tape crafts, console and board games, pool noodle fencing, cooking, and a movie.
- On Thursday, March 21, join Nicole from 6:30-7:30 PM for the construction of your very own spring coffee table tree centerpiece.
||10 AM to 8 PM|
|Tuesday||10 AM to 8 PM|
|Wednesday||10 AM to 8 PM|
|Thursday||10 AM to 8 PM|
|Friday||10 AM to 6 PM|
|Saturday||10 AM to 6 PM|
General inquiries, renew items, etc: email@example.com
Director of Library Services: firstname.lastname@example.org
Manager of Administrative Services: email@example.com
Library Programmer: firstname.lastname@example.org